On January 20, 2021, President Biden issued a Presidential Memorandum “Preserving and Fortifying Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).” This memo directs the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Attorney General, to “take all actions he deems appropriate consistent with applicable law, to preserve and fortify DACA.”
Currently, in compliance with a December 2020 court order, USCIS continues to:
- Accept first-time DACA requests;
- Accept DACA renewal requests;
- Accept applications for advance parole documents based DACA;
- Extend one-year grants of DACA to two years; and
- Extend one-year employment authorization documents under DACA to two years.
For more information and/or assistance in applying for DACA, please contact our office in Ormond Beach, Florida, at (386) 506-8898. We serve clients throughout Florida, including Ormond Beach, Daytona Beach, Palm Coast, St. Augustine, Port Orange, New Smyrna Beach, Deland, Pierson, DeLeon Springs, and beyond.