Contact Us Today (386) 506-8898

Widows & Widower Benefits


A person who was married to a U.S. citizen may be eligible to apply for a green card even though his/her spouse has died.

If the U.S. citizen filed a Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative before he/she died, then the petition is automatically converted to a Form I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.  

If there is no pending Form I-130, then the widow/widower can self-petition as an “immediate relative” by filing a Form I-360.  The petition must be filed no more than two years after the U.S. citizen's death.

Contact Us Today

Kosobucki & Tessier PLLC is committed to answering your questions about U.S. Immigration law issues.

We'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.

Kosobucki & Tessier
1452 North U.S. Highway 1, Suite 127
Ormond Beach, FL 32174
(386) 506-8898
(386) 241-0909 (fax)