Contact Us Today (386) 506-8898


Registry: green cards for individuals who entered the United States in 1971 or before

Posted by Ryan Kosobucki | Jul 21, 2020 | 0 Comments

Did you know there is a provision of law providing a path to permanent residence for people who entered the U.S. prior to 1972, even individuals who entered the country without inspection (unlawfully) and/or who do not have a family member or employer to sponsor them?

You may be eligible for a green card (permanent residence) under Registry if you meet the following criteria:

  • You entered the United States prior to Jan. 1, 1972
  • You have resided in the United States continuously since you entered
  • You are a person of good moral character
  • You are not ineligible for naturalization (citizenship)
  • You are not removable (deportable) under Section 237(a)(4)(B) the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).
  • You are not inadmissible under Section 212(a)(3)(E) of the INA or as a criminal, procurer, other immoral person, subversive, violator of the narcotics laws or alien smuggler

Registry is often an option for those who do not meet the criteria for other forms of relief. This is because Registry does not contain certain bars to permanent residence that are found in other provisions of law.

The immigration laws are complex and an immigration attorney can evaluate whether you meet the above criteria.

If you or someone you know entered the United States in 1971 or before, contact our office in Ormond Beach, Florida at 386-506-8898 to find out more about Registry.

About the Author

Ryan Kosobucki

U.S. Immigration Attorney


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Contact Us Today

Kosobucki & Tessier PLLC is committed to answering your questions about U.S. Immigration law issues.

We'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.